I’ve been looking for something to help me get rid of the dark circles under my eyes. They have always been there but as I’m getting older they seem to be more defined now. I have learned that my dark circles can be caused by a number of things, not only lack of sleep. So I started looking around for remedies that may help minimize them or get rid of them. Here are a few I found that I want to start with.
What Causes Dark Circles Around The Eyes?
- Sleep deprivation
- Tiredness and exhaustion
- Nasal allergies
- Constant itching and rubbing due to skin conditions like eczema
- Skin irritants in makeup products
- Exposure to the sun (in the absence of a good sunscreen)
Sometimes, dark circles can also be hereditary. These usually disappear after a certain age
Remove Dark Circles And Under Eye Bags With Baking Soda
What You Need
- Baking Soda
How to apply
- Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of hot water or tea and mix it well.
- Take a pair of cotton pads and soak them in the solution and place them under the eyes.
- Let it sit for 10-15 minutes, then rinse it off and apply a moisturizer.
Practicing this procedure daily will render amazing results in just a week.
How it works: This mixture will work as a face mask on your face to eliminate dark circle and bags under your eyes. Now you can use this solution to get rid of puffiness of eyes and dark circles permanently.
Benefit: Baking soda has anti-inflammatory property it will help to improve the blood circulation under the eyes. And also it has skin soothing and lightening properties.
Lemon Juice For Dark Circles
What You Need
- Lemon juice
- Cotton swab
How to apply it
- Carefully apply the lemon juice under the eyes with the help of the cotton swab.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes and then wash it off.
Practicing this procedure twice daily.
Why This Works
As you might already know, lemon juice has skin lightening properties. Its vitamin C content also works as an antioxidant and rejuvenates and brightens the skin (20).
Do not forget to moisturize your skin after using this remedy as lemon juice may slightly dry out your skin.