With Easter right around the corner, I’ve been looking for healthy snacks to put in the boys Easter baskets. I try to limit their candy as much as possible, I was excited when I found this rainbow fruit roll-up recipe. I did a test run today, and the boys loved them!
- 8 oz. strawberries, rinsed, dried, trimmed, and halved
- 5 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice, divided
- 4 1/2 tsp. sugar, divided
- 6 oz. blueberries, rinsed and dried
- 6 oz. raspberries, rinsed and dried
- 6 oz. blackberries, rinsed and dried
- 2 medium, ripe champagne mangoes, peeled and chopped
- Preheat oven to 170°.
- Line three large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper and lightly grease with cooking spray.
- In a food processor or blender, purée strawberries with 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1 teaspoon sugar until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat process with blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. (If desired, strain raspberries and blackberries and discard seeds.) Repeat again with mango, adding final teaspoon lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon sugar.
- Carefully pour purées onto baking sheets next to each other, in horizontal lines, spreading thin (until almost transparent) with a spoon so all colors are an even thickness. Bake until dried out and no longer sticky, 3 to 4 hours.
- Using scissors or a sharp paring knife, cut leather into vertical strips and roll up.
TOTAL TIME: 3:15
BIBLE VERSE OF THE day